Sunday 27 November 2011

Rule #32 - Enjoy the little things

When I feel down and whatnot, I think of zombieland. The films main protagonist goes by a set of rules to survive the zombie apocalypse. Many of these rules can be put into practise in the real world, like #32, enjoy the little things.

For those of you who know me, so I assume none of you, I am short sighted. That means that I can't see things that are far away from me, it's just a blur. Its from my mothers side of the family, which means that I have to wear glasses. At some point in my life I want to have laser eye surgery. I wear contact lenses too and today I had them in and I looked up at the sky whilst it was dark and the stars were visible to the naked eye, and what I saw amazed me because usually I can see blurry stars. But today I saw them in clear vision and it impresses me its that kind of thing that makes me enjoy being alive and whatnot.

The stars are an amazing entity, as is space.. seeing pictures taken by the hubble space telescope and whatnot makes you appreciate it all especially when the pictures are taken in infra red to get something other than complete darkness.

I believe that every one should enjoy the stars because that is one of their purposes, I like to go to a quiet place and just look at the stars and occasionally think about things, but that might be for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment